I had my gallbladder removed a year and a half ago after experiencing severe upper right abdominal pain and nausea for about six months. Although I had no stones, My ejection fraction was only .6% (very little bile being ejected), so it had to come out. A few months after my surgery, I started having pain similar to that before the surgery, and went back to my doctor for more tests. The doctors told me it looked like everything was working just fine and I still must be having pain from the surgery. Now, a year and a half after the surgery, I am having severe upper right abdominal pain and nausea, especially after eating. I have had an abdominal ultrasound, which looked normal, as well as blood tests. Today I had an endoscopy which revealed bile in my stomach. I have been put on aciphex, which doesn’t seem to be helping so far. The only way to alleviate my symptoms somewhat is to not eat or eat something very light. I am frustrated and sick of being sick, and am also womdering if it was even necessary or helpful to remove my gallbladder in the first place. Maybe we can share information and help each other.
Michele ”