“Hello all, this is my 1st post here. I was amazed at how many people have the same pains as I do. I had my gall bladder out in 1990 and started having pains in my stomach about six months after the gall bladder removal. At first I thought I had to go to the bathroom and let loose and that sometimes helped. Then I discovered if I had not eaten for awhile I would get this pain in my stomach. After years of this I started to eat something doughy like bread or Tastycakes (butterscoch krimpets) and the pain would go away. The problem was when I was not home I did not have access to any of this. I found that eating peanut butter crackers helped take away the pain. I stock up on these crackers by the box. I have them at home, in my car, at my desk at work and in my wife’s purse. Where ever I go my Lance crackers are with me.
Finally after years I went to the doctor for answers. I have had all kinds of tests done and not one doctor found anything. The last test I had done was about five years ago and I swallowed a pill that had a camera in it. After eight hours of that they still found nothing.
So far I just live with it and keep having crackers. I can get these pains at anytime, whether I eat or not. Sometimes after I drink soda I get the pain and sometimes not. If I do not eat for an extended time I am sure to get the pain. Even though I ate that is not an assurance it will not happen.
I had a colonoscopy today and I was not allowed to eat yesterday. Saturday was the last I ate and sure enough after almost 24 hours of not eating the pain started. You guessed it, here comes the crackers. I had to eat 3 packs with four crackers each.
I am 57 years old and I wonder what will happen when I get older and no one knows what is going on with me.
So that is my story. I am looking for answers.”