Here’s some info that may help! I had my gall bladder removed 44 years ago, when I was 19. It wrecked my health, causing all sorts of auto-immune illnesses as well as chronic diarrhoea and many episodes of the agonising crushing pain attacks that so many of you have described. The only thing that relieved the pain was intravenous valium, which relaxes the deep smooth muscles that are in spasm. However, a few years I found a doctor who prescribed valium suppositories. What a lifesaver! Now I can self medicate when I get an attack instead of having to go to hospital and run the gamut of doubting doctors who think I am neurotic or seeking drugs. It is called a Stesolid (diazepam) 10mg rectal tube. I live in New Zealand and don’t know how available it is in other countries. Also about 10 years ago I stopped eating meat and dairy and can’t believe how much better I feel. No more digestive problems and heaps more energy. I have also found a good alternative practitioner who has got me on all sorts of supplements, most importantly being digestive enzymes to help deal with the fat. However, she says that people who have their gall bladders out are at higher risk of strokes and heart attacks. I would never have let them remove mine if I had know then what I know now.