In March 2012 I started having pain in my lower right rib area. Then bloating started a short while later. After many tests, scans, etc. I had a Hida Scan (which is the ultimate gallbladder test) which revealed that my gallbladder wasn’t working. So I found a surgeon and had it removed in October, 2012. Sad to say took a little over 6 months to diagnosis my “classic” gallbladder symptoms. Then totally unrelated to my gallbladder surgery, in December I had to have another surgery (sacral colpopexy) which was done mostly by laparoscopy and caused more scaring and lesions, etc. So it’s now July 2013 and I am still having a ton of bloating, rib and pelvic pain. I totally feel no progress since my surgery. I went to my GYN for my annual and mentioned that I was having bloating. Bloating is also a major symptom of ovarian cancer so she is sending me for an ultrasound to make sure there are no masses on my ovaries. It’s just been a roller coaster of emotions and I am praying that everything is ok. After reading the posts here, I am feeling somewhat relieved and hopeful that I am just having symptoms long after my gallbladder surgery…..like all of you. Thanks to all of you that have taken time to post your journey through pre and post gallbladder surgery.